One of the most critical parts of any cabinet is the hardware. Cabinet hardware can make or break the look of a cabinet, and it is essential to choose the right type for the job. There are different types of cabinet hardware available, from knobs and pulls to hinges and drawer slides. So, according to your cabinet hardware, it can be tough to determine the best drill bit for it.
When it comes to drilling cabinet hardware, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. After a couple of hours of research, we came up with the idea that the bit needs to be the right size, durable, and cut through the material easily. So, what is the best drill bit for cabinet hardware?
There are plenty of drill bits available, and we have taken the top 5 best drill bits for your cabinet hardware. We choose the best items so that you can take the right one from them by saving your time. Moreover, we help you with the proper buying guide to give you what to consider before buying. So let’s have a look!
- Top 5 Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware Reviews
- What to Look for When Purchasing A Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware
- What size drill bit do I need for cabinet hardware?
- What kind of bit should I use for cabinet hardware?
- How do you drill holes in cabinet hardware?
- How do you drill through cabinet pulls without splintering wood?
- What is a brad point drill bit?
- How do you prevent a blowout when drilling?
- Should you drill holes for hardware before painting cabinets?
- What size are cabinet hardware screws?
- What are M4 screws?
- What size screws do I need for drawer pulls?
- Final Words
Top 5 Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware Reviews
When looking for the best drill bit size, you will have various sizes to choose from. The best drill bit size for cabinet hardware will depend on what your project entails. Here are five of the top 05 best drill bits for cabinet hardware on the market today.
Top Pick Drill Bit
1. Comoware Stainless Steel Cobalt Drill Bit Set
- These bits will last you a lifetime due to their high quality and durability.
- It has a special finishing process that prevents surface rusting and corrosion.
- They also have more outstanding durability and precision.
● Brand: COMOWARE
● Material: Cobalt
● Finish Type: Gold Oxide
● Shank Type: Round
● Cutting Angle String: 135 Degrees
● Item Weight: 12.6 ounces
● Package Dimensions: 6.22 x 4.45 x 1.89 inches
Are you looking for a drill bit set that lasts you a lifetime? Well, you should look no other than the COMOWARE. It will outlast any other drill bit because of its high quality and long life. These fantastic sets will save you from having to replace old pieces.
The COMOWARE Drill Bit Set includes a standard chuck for changing bit sizes or materials. You can swap out bits of varying sizes as easily as changing chucks to suit your project. They have a standard 1/4″ x 18 threaded chuck that fits Makita, DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, and Dewalt drill motors.
This high-quality Cobalt Drill Bit Set is tough enough to drill in the most challenging conditions. Its surface is free of impurities and carbon traces, making it more resistant to high temperatures than regular HSS drills.
- The drill bit is more durable and holds an edge longer than HSS drills. If any drill bits should get damaged, you will replace them yourself. They will save you time and money in the long run.
- The storage case is made of plastic. If you do not handle it properly, damage it.
Runner Up Drill Bit
2. PORTER-CABLE Metal Forstner Bit Set for cabinet hardware
- These bits will last you a lifetime due to their high quality and The set includes single carbide-tipped bits designed to sink clean, precise holes in wood or metal.
- Forstner bits feature one flat side for driving into wood and one rectangular surface for driving into metals
- Ideal for making holes in metal or wood, the metal bits create clean, precise holes.
● Brand: PORTER-CABLE
● Material: Metal
● Dimensions: 13 x 11.1 x 2.7 inches
● Weight: 4.5 ounces
● Size: 1-(14-Piece)
When you start working with a new skill, you will want to purchase the tools of the trade. This Porter-Cable set includes 25 different size bits with a variety of shapes. You can make furniture and create jewelry and small sculptures with these tools.
The single-carbide tips resist heat buildup and can be re-sharpened to full cutting performance after many uses. It is designed for use in a range of applications. It makes holes for installing drawer pulls, hinges, picture hangers, and similar projects. It also can be used to create a decorative cove around the perimeter of a tabletop. For best results, it’s used in combination with the included countersink bit.
They always cut clean holes because they use advanced high-speed steel. The 32-ounce weight of the bits provides reasonable control and balance when working at odd angles. They don’t build up heat and can re-sharpen after many uses.
- The long shanks prevent bending or breaking. The countersink bit’s bearings add extra stability when screwing into hardwoods. It allows for more precise results and longer tool life.
- The bits do not include a flush-cut bit used to remove material from the end of holes.
3. Self Center Stainless Steel Cabinet Hinge Hardware Drill Bits Set
- It also comes with a helpful bit size guide and precision for ease of use
- The set is designed with router routers and all skill router models.
- The bits have a valuable lead for easy depth adjustments.
- Each bit has an expertly made shank that fits perfectly into the chuck of your router.
● Brand: SIRIUS&CO
● Material: Stainless Steel
● Shank Type: Hex
● Color: Silver
● Part Number: SI-HSS-CENTERDRILL
The set includes 7 high-quality alloy steel router bits. They have razor-sharp cutting edges and are expertly made to ensure your next build is a success. The bits are tricky and won’t be blunt so that you can use them for a long time.
This set gives you the option to change your router bits with ease quickly. Because the holes are all pre-drilled, you won’t have to dismantle or cover your router box to change bits. The box is small enough not to take up too much space when not in use. This set comes in a sturdy wooden box so that you can store all your bits safely in it. Parts that don’t fit into the box due to size or shape aren’t damaged.
Moreover, these woodworking tools are easy for both professionals and beginners. No project is too big for these detailed designs, durable materials, and efficient screwing mechanisms.
- It has top-quality steel, lasting longer than cheaper alternatives. The pre-drilled holes in the set mean you won’t have to dismantle or cover your router bit box to change bits.
- The small box might not hold all the bits you need at once.
4. DEWALT Titanium 21-Piece Drill Bit Set
- This Drill bit has exceptional cutting power and withstands harsh conditions.
- The flattened tip of each bit makes it easy to feed bits into screw holes without stripping them out or getting stuck.
- They are strong enough to drill through metal and stay sharp for a long time.
● Brand: DEWALT
● Material: Titanium
● Item Dimensions: 8.75 x 8.75 x 1.38 inches
● Weight: 1.04 pounds
● Tool Flute Type: Spiral
● Color: Yellow Titanium Pilot Point Drill Bit Set
● Style: 21-Piece Drill Bit Set
When you are looking for a heavy-duty drill bit set, you want one that’s made from high-quality titanium. And therefore, the DEWALT Titanium Drill Bit Set is perfect for you. It offers fast drilling speeds, good wear resistance, and can easily drill into all types of materials like wood and metal.
A serious metal drilling set without the high cost of other brands that use inferior materials with short or no warranties. Each drill bit comes with a magnetic clip for easy removal. These titanium drill bits outperform steel or stainless-steel drill bits due to their extra strength.
When it comes to drilling holes in metal, a sturdy and sharp drill bit is key. This DEWALT Titanium Drill Bit Set includes 21 unique bits for creative projects or everyday repairs. These include diamond-coated hollow ground twist bits, tritium-activated pilot point bits, and more.
The set includes a magnetic holder to keep all your bits organized and accessible. The holder has holes for hanging on a wall or other surface for accessible garage or tool shed organization. They value your business and back their products with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Their durability and versatility make them ideal for drilling plastics and metals. It has an excellent finish on the bits that improve the appearance of the result. If anything goes wrong with these bits, you can return them for a lifetime warranty.
- The bits are costly, so they may not be the best option if you look for something on a lower budget.
5.Titanium Twist 230 Pieces High-Speed Steel Drill Bit Set
- 135-degree point drill bits used for drilling hard and thick material.
- Solid shank, the bit can rest on center when needed to stop drilling or change hole place.
- The high-quality titanium alloy material and advanced heat-treatment process make it more substantial.
● Brand Name: HURRICANE
● Cutting Angle: 135.0 degrees
● Finish Type: Titanium
● Material: High-Speed Steel
● Cutting Angle: 135.00 degrees
● Hand Orientation: Both Hands
Are you looking for a good drill set to use when working on metal? Titanium twist drill bits are much stronger than steel ones, lasting much longer and performing better. This set has 230 pieces that you can use for years without any issues.
When working with metal, the last thing you want is bits bouncing around in your drill sets, their points dulled and unable to drill appropriately. The bits will not only get bent but may also jump out and get lost. It is especially aggravating when performing delicate tasks like soldering.
Metal storage boxes have proven excellent for holding bits in place while drilling. The metal box stores bits securely, and it also goes a long way in preventing them from bouncing out as you drill. Your bits won’t get bent out of shape or damaged, making your work more accessible as well as safer.
- It is a high-quality drill bit set without any issues. The case makes it easy to store and carry. So you won’t have to worry about losing a few pieces along the way.
- It is not made from carbide, one of the most robust materials used.
You should consider a few factors when purchasing a drill bit for this purpose. When choosing a drill bit, it’s crucial to understand how each is best used and what quality makes it stand out.
The most common sizes are 14″, 3/8″, 12″, and 34″. There are also specialty bit sizes like pocket-hole, blind hole, and roofing drill bit. These specialty bit sizes are useful if you need to drill a hole that is not as easy to drill with your regular-sized bits. However, a 14″ bit is an excellent choice if you start because it is small enough to fit in tight spaces yet large enough to do the job.
There are three different flute types: solid, split, and diamond. A solid flute bit is one where the thrill has no vents for chips to escape through. Split flutes have one or more slots or channels to escape the chip. Diamond flutes are chiseled with small, sharp cutting edges along their length, and these allow the drill bit to cut faster than other styles of flutes.
Wood screws and nails work well on wood and metal surfaces, but use the correct bit size for best results. You can also use the right bit size when drilling into plastic or flat metal surfaces. While it may be tempting to save money by using a less expensive drill bit, these drills are less effective in creating round edges or cracks.
Weight can be an essential consideration when selecting bits, as they are heavy. So they should not use if they put undue strain on your wrists or arms while you’re drilling. The weight can factor into the cost of the bit and may determine which model is better for your application.
The diameter or length of the hole they will make in wood is the most common measurement. Generally, milling bits range from 0 to 4 inches (in/mm), while drilling bits range from 1/4 to 1 inch (in/mm). These bits do not guarantee the exact depth of each hole and should use with caution.
Bits are available in different grades, including high-speed steel, carbide, and masonry. The drill bit’s heat and scratch resistance determine its speed rating. High-grade bits give more outstanding durability but are more expensive.
The helix angle is the upward angle that the spiral or groove in a drill bit takes as it travels closer towards its tip. A drill bit with a high helix angle has a shallower curve and can drill more and more than one with a lower helix angle. Generally, split flute bits are sharper than solid flutes but may not cut as fast.
The drill bit’s rated speed indicates its ability to cut through wood and leave a clean hole quickly. A faster spinning bit can be used at a slower speed without losing cutting capabilities. The drill bit’s life relates to how many times it may be used before losing efficacy.
Cabinet hardware kits come with screws and accompanying drill bits required to install your hardware. If the kit does not include drill bits, you will need a 6mm (1/4″) flathead or hex head bit to install the fasteners.
The type of bit you need for your application depends on the type of wood and its grain pattern. We recommend the appropriate bit for your needs.
All cabinet hardware comes with screws and accompanying drill bits required to install your hardware. Line up the fastener with the hole on your cabinet face or shelf, and screw it in place.
The first hole should be smaller than the screw head when drilling through hardwood, plastic, or other non-dense materials. After making the initial hole and trimming the excess, you can drill larger holes later.
A brad point drill bit is used to drill the hole for a brad nail or finish nail. Brad-point bits have a spur that is buried in the wood to act as a guide for the fastener’s small shank.
When drilling, use a drill bit sized for the hardware you install. Using a too-small bit can cause the drill bit to skip and break through the material. If this happens, you must reposition your hardware. Use your cabinet hardware kit’s recommended drill bit size to avoid this.
The process of drilling holes for hardware before painting is a two-step process. If you have already painted your cabinets but need to install new lighting or outlets, getting to them may not be accessible without removing the cabinets first.
Cabinet hardware screws are most commonly 1/2 inch but can come in various sizes. It is essential to check the size of the hardware before painting your cabinets because they may be too large and will show on the painted surface.
M4 screws are metric-sized fasteners used primarily in construction and home improvement. They range from M3 to M8 in size and come with a square or hex head.
16mm screws will fit most drawer pulls. Make sure the screw is long enough to go through the washer and into the inside of your cabinet for a good hold.
When choosing a drill bit for cabinet hardware, it is essential to consider the type of material you will be drilling. A high-speed steel bit is the best drill bit for cabinet hardware, while a carbide-tipped bit is better for drilling through wood. Always use a drill bit that is the correct size for installing the hardware. Hopefully, you found it helpful. And if you have any thoughts on what we should cover in the future, drop us a line. Thanks for reading!